Head of Facilities
It is one of the fastest growing venues of its size, hosting both B2B and B2C events from exhibitions to festivals, spoken word tours to major conferences and all points in between. The East of England Arena & Events Centre is the premier events venue in the region. The venue hosts over 300 events annually including conferences, large indoor and outdoor exhibitions and concerts.
We wish to recruit an experienced ‘Head of Facilities’ to join our team. This is a new role and you will manage the venue infrastructure and site services so we comply with legislation (specially Hygiene, Health and Safety), meet ‘best practice’ standards defined by the ‘Institute of Facilities Managers’ and achieve a level of presentation and service benchmarked to our industry competitors.
Reporting to the Venue Director you will be directly responsible for security, maintenance and cleaning.You will:
- already have experience within a similar venue or a large facility (such as a hotel, office
- Demonstrate the ability to manage internal staff and external contractors
- Have great communication skills
- Be used to working in a fast paced environment and be able to provide solutions arising during the operation of the venue.
- You will (ideally) hold IOSH, and an electrical and mechanical engineering qualification, with electrical regulations up to 19th Edition
- You will be able to forward plan maintenance tasks and manage resources to deliver those tasks in the most effective manner
To apply for this role in the first instance please provide your current CV with a short email detailing why you believe you would be suitable for the role. Deadline for applications is Friday 31st January 2020. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Circa £30k – 35k depending on experience.