The Truckfest concept was launched by Live Promotions Events Ltd. thirty years ago, and there are now eight Truckfest events around the country every year, with Norfolk and Shepton Mallet venues being the latest to join the line-up of Peterborough, Edinburgh, Hop Farm, Knutsford and Newark.
Truckfest is a public and trade event targeting the entire truck industry with commercial and entertainment components.
East of England Arena role summary:
East of England Arena and Events Centre was the host venue for the event, which occupied almost 100% of the venue’s capacity both indoor and outdoor. The event first started in 1983 and moved to the East of England Showground (as it was) in 1984. The event has grown with the venue and when the hall was built in 2007 initially used the building for evening entertainment for campers. The show is now so large that the evening entertainment has moved outside on to the plaza and the hall is used for vehicle displays and the main entrance.
The organisers and venue share security reports in real time during the event and co respond to incidents where necessary. This is a major event not just for the venue but for the region. Success is based on a true partnership between organiser and venue.
East of England Arena role detail:
· Accommodated over 3000 trucks
· Hosted over 40,000 visitors per day (inc campers)
· 2 day opening of Truckfest 2018
· Provision of 600,000m2 of outdoor space
· Provision of 9000m2 of indoor space
· 11 venue personnel on site – 8 ground staff, 1 General Manager, 1 Security Manager, 1 H&S manager
· 2500 visitor cars parked on hard standing
· 2000 cars parked on grassed areas
· Use of grandstand and circuit for monster truck displays
· Waste management after the event closes
3 months joint planning for repeat show. Development of wet weather plan. 5 days build up and 2 days breakdown. Turnaround plan for breakdown of Truckfest and build up of MCN Festival of Motorcycling.
Result / Outcome:
A successful 2 day event that brought the largest single day crowd for many years (Sunday). The event has an agreed tenancy through to 2021.
“Truckfest at the East of England Arena is the biggest of the series, we feel well at home at the venue where we receive excellent support and back-up from all of the staff and personnel.”
Colin Ward, CEO of Live Promotions